Wednesday 19 December 2012

 Hummingbird Hawk Moth

 Scarce Swallowtail Butterfly

 Red Backed Shrike juvenile

European Green Lizard

Here are some photo's from my last trip to a small village near Elena in central Bulgaria. The area is extremely beautiful with small rural farms and no intensive pesticide riddled farming. Insects and butterflies proliferate, benefitting many animals and birds and it is still a regular sight to see such birds as Red Backed Shrike feeding from posts and telephone wires.

2 comments:

  1. Great set of images Dave. I particularly like the juv Shrike as you can still see a bit of it's yellow gape

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jase, I got lucky with this shot, there were two juveniles just sitting right by the tarmac. I only had my 300mm lens and this one posed nicely for me. Note I didn't try and stick the lens up it's nostril and left the parents to feed them!!

    ReplyDelete